For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
WastED – Workplace Safety
Waste management is a growing business, which still lacks systematic and coherent educational scheme to suit the needs of the businesses of the field. Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) offers waste management training, educational package fitted to the needs of different target groups.
WastED – Workplace Safety strengthens your knowledge and professional expertise of waste management. It gives you a deep understanding of workplace safety in waste management focusing on occupational health and safety legislation, permit practices and operating procedures as well as protective gear and equipment. This is one of eight courses of the WastED Waste Management Education program by the Turku University of Applied Sciences.
Occupational health and safety legislation
- Occupational health and safety legislation.
- Significance of occupational health and safety.
- Work orientation regarding occupational health and safety.
Permit practices and operating procedures
- Identifying work risk factors
- Proper procedure during emergencies.
- Prevention and operation in waste management areas/waste management plants/waste collection.
Protective gear and equipment
- Machinery and equipment and related safety gear.
- Work clothing and protective gear.
The Turku University of Applied Sciences has created new, innovative learning and teaching methods (INNOPEDA®). Innovation pedagogy is a learning approach that defines in a new way how knowledge is adopted, produced and applied. These new learning and teaching elements are included in the educational package. The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. This course is worth of 2 ECTS (1 ECTS = 25 – 30 hours of studying). The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).