For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
WastED – Organization’s waste management
Waste management is a growing business, which still lacks systematic and coherent educational scheme to suit the needs of the businesses of the field. Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) offers waste management training, educational package fitted to the needs of different target groups.
WastED – Organization’s waste management strengthens your knowledge and professional expertise of waste management. It gives you a deep understanding of waste management in organizations focusing on identifying waste as well as monitoring and reporting. This is one of eight courses of the WastED Waste Management Education program by the Turku University of Applied Sciences.
- Identify and sort the most common waste types.
- The current state of the organization’s recycling efforts, their objectives, and the measures to achieve the objectives.
Organization’s waste management
- Waste prevention, recycling and utilization objectives of different organizations.
- The creation process of a waste management plan.
- The most common waste collection systems and equipment.
- The responsibilities of waste producers, holders, transporters and receivers.
Monitoring and reporting
- Waste management responsibilities within the organization.
- Waste volume and statistics.
- Continuous waste management development.
The Turku University of Applied Sciences has created new, innovative learning and teaching methods (INNOPEDA®). Innovation pedagogy is a learning approach that defines in a new way how knowledge is adopted, produced and applied. These new learning and teaching elements are included in the educational package. The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. This course is worth of 2 ECTS (1 ECTS = 25 – 30 hours of studying). The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).