For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
WastED – Hazardous Waste
Waste management is a growing business, which still lacks systematic and coherent educational scheme to suit the needs of the businesses of the field. Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) offers waste management training, educational package fitted to the needs of different target groups.
WastED – Hazardous Waste strengthens your knowledge and professional expertise of waste management. It gives you a deeper understanding of how to handle hazardous waste focusing on regulations, processing as well as storage and transportation. This is one of eight courses of the WastED Waste Management Education program by the Turku University of Applied Sciences.
- Regulations on collection, processing andntransportation of hazardous waste
- Hazardous waste and substances
- Reception, sampling and analysis
- sorting, packing, labelling of hazardous waste.
- Work safety.
Storage and transportation
- Storage records and other management documents.
- Transportation documents.
The Turku University of Applied Sciences has created new, innovative learning and teaching methods (INNOPEDA®). Innovation pedagogy is a learning approach that defines in a new way how knowledge is adopted, produced and applied. These new learning and teaching elements are included in the educational package. The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. This course is worth of 2 ECTS (1 ECTS = 25 – 30 hours of studying). The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).