For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
WastED – Communication
Waste management is a growing business, which still lacks systematic and coherent educational scheme to suit the needs of the businesses of the field. Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) offers waste management training, educational package fitted to the needs of different target groups.
WastED – Communication strengthens your knowledge and professional expertise of waste management. It gives you a deeper understanding of communicating in the field focusing on customer service, waste advise as well as communication methods. This is one of eight courses of the WastED Waste Management Education program by the Turku University of Applied Sciences.
- Dealing with costumers in different waste management situations.
- Advisory services planning.
- Methods of providing advice.
- Target groups and their needs.
- International, internal, external and crisis communication.
- Information channels.
- The basics of communication.
- Verbal, written and electronic communication methods.
The Turku University of Applied Sciences has created new, innovative learning and teaching methods (INNOPEDA®). Innovation pedagogy is a learning approach that defines in a new way how knowledge is adopted, produced and applied. These new learning and teaching elements are included in the educational package. The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. This course is worth of 2 ECTS (1 ECTS = 25 – 30 hours of studying). The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).