For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
WastED – Basics of Waste Management
Waste management is a growing business, which still lacks systematic and coherent educational scheme to suit the needs of the businesses of the field. Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) offers waste management training, educational package fitted to the needs of different target groups.
WastED – Basics of Waste Management strengthens your knowledge and professional expertise of waste management. It gives you a first overview of the field focusing on material cycles and efficiency, international regulations and treaties as well as administrative operators. This is one of eight courses of the WastED Waste Management Education program by the Turku University of Applied Sciences.
Material cycles and material efficiency
- Material cycles and material efficiency and the effects that humans have on them.
- Environmental and economic impacts of material efficiency.
- The product life cycle concept.
International regulations and treaties
- Waste management in the EU and leading principles of waste policy in the EU and one’s home country.
- Sustainable development measures and international environmental legislation.
Administrative operators related to waste management
- Responsibilities and roles of operators
- Administrative control measures and interest groups.
The Turku University of Applied Sciences has created new, innovative learning and teaching methods (INNOPEDA®). Innovation pedagogy is a learning approach that defines in a new way how knowledge is adopted, produced and applied. These new learning and teaching elements are included in the educational package. The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. This course is worth of 2 ECTS (1 ECTS = 25 – 30 hours of studying). The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).