For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
Developed at TUAS, the concept of innovation pedagogy contributes to the development of new generations of professionals, whose ways of producing, adopting and utilizing knowledge make innovative thinking and creating added value possible. The pedagogical strategy of TUAS is based on innovation pedagogy, and it is applied in all study fields we offer. We have also implemented training and development processes for several organizations, published numerous books, articles and conference presentations as well as led several national and international projects on innovation pedagogy. Innovation pedagogy refers to an approach to learning and teaching that corresponds to the needs of working life while emphasizing RDI expertise. In the approach, learning and teaching methods are applied creatively and in a value-adding way so that the students take responsibility for their learning and actively strive to reach their learning goals. After graduation, the students are innovative and oriented towards various kinds of development tasks, which means that they have acquired – in addition to the expertise on their own field – innovation competences required by all working life environments.
- innovative learning and teaching methods
- cross-disciplinary learning environment and boundary crossing
- integrated and extensive research and development activities
- flexible curricula
- concentration of acknowledging the importance of entrepreneurship and service production
- internationalization in the level of research, development and student engagement.
The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- Participants should be active school or university teachers.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).