For more information on this course please get in contact with our team.
From Teacher to Coach
Modern 21st century higher education is based coaching. Coaching is a pedagogical philosophy lead by the idea of dialogue and learning by doing. TAMK has successfully run entrepreneurship and business study programs over ten years by using modern coaching. We offer a six days program for modern teachers to join the club of Coaches.
TOPIC 1 – FROM TEACHER TO A COACH
- What is coaching in practice?
- How are teaching and coaching different from each other?
- What are the opportunities in coaching?
- How can you approach coaching in your day to day work?
- The theories and theorists, Marcial Losada , Kouzes & Posner, Nonaka & Takeuchi
TOPIC 2 – TOOLS OF A COACH
- What tools and methods inspire students?
- What is the significance of the team in coach’s point of view?
- What team learning means and what are the benefits of team learning?
- What kind of brainstorming techniques I can apply and take advantage of in my job as a coach?
- The theories and theorists, William Isaacs, Ian Cunningham, Belbin
TOPIC 3 – MY FILOSOFY OF COACHING
- Model of a coaching philosophy – What does it mean?
- How to build your own coaching philosophy?
- What do I take with me to my everyday work?
- What changes in everyday work after this?
- What does this journey offered to me?
The course is conducted fully online. The language of instruction is usually English. The course includes:
- live lessons in the virtual classroom
- self-learning material
- interactive group work
- customized and evaluated exercises
- Participants should be active school or university teachers.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English on an academic level. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires a high-speed internet connection, a headset and ideally a webcam.
A certificate will be awarded to participants who have been present on the contact sessions and made the required assignments and projects. The course is equivalent to 2 ECTS (1 ECTS = 25 – 30 hours of studying).
This is a six day intensive program. The program is provided by the Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK).