This course is free of charge
Introduction: Making Learning Personal
The learners understand the following concepts: dialogue, elements of dialogical competence, and dialogical guidance and scaffolding. In their study groups, the learners will practice dialogical methods in scaffolding. The learners will familiarize themselves with dialogical reflection and with the process of consciously observing their own actions. Each learner will create a situation plan for dialogical guidance and scaffolding.
- Dialogue as a concept
- Dialogical competence areas (framework)
- Dialogical guidance and scaffolding
- Dialogical methods and “method cards” (The basic method cards are titled “As equals”, “Reciprocally”, “Dialogue tickets”, “Word-for-word listening”, “Imprisoned by preconceptions”, “Suspend and wonder” and “The art of inquiry – the power of questions”)
- The language of instruction is English. Other languages are available upon request.
- The course is conducted fully online.
- The course includes self-learning materials and assignments including interaction with other participants.
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires an internet connection.
The program is provided by the Hämeenlinna University of Applied Sciences (HAMK).