This course is free of charge
Introduction: Living Space Baltic Sea
The Baltic Sea area is a home for tens of millions of people in several bordering nations. Sometimes named the most polluted sea in the world, the Baltic Sea is a unique environment with fragile ecosystems facing many threats.
The objective of this free Open Course Introduction: Living Space Baltic Sea is to introduce the participant to the various aspects of the Baltic Sea and its geography.
Baltic Sea in a nutshell
- Baltic Sea Geography
- Baltic Sea Catchment Area
- Baltic Sea Fishery
- Aquaculture vs. Natural Fish
- The language of instruction is English. Other languages are available upon request.
- The course is conducted fully online.
- The course includes self-learning materials and assignments including interaction with other participants.
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required.
- Participants need to be able to read and understand English. Should you require instructions, exercises and discussions to be held in a different language, please contact us.
- Attending the course requires an internet connection.
The program is provided by the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS).